Being educated on our natural learning styles is a gift. Using that gift is a skill!
The advent of new management approaches for improving organizational performance has somewhere down the line, affected the essence of ‘natural’ learning style. Some have succeeded, and many have failed without knowing the actual essence of learning. So let me introduce the concept of ‘value based decision making’ and ‘VAK learning style’ through this amazing blog post this week.
All that you need to know about Value based decision making for your own learning!
Value based decision making is simple, as it is more or less a principle that anyone can apply in their personal or professional environment. Let’s understand the process through these simple steps!
- It starts with the identification of values. Remember, I am talking about the values that are most important for you.
- Now understand the belief that guards or supports your values. Your belief system!
- After understanding the values, now analyze the behavior that is affectedby these values.
Our values are seen through our natural way of conversing and what we do.
What will happen after I will do these three steps?
Once you comprehend the mechanism behind your thoughts, values, and their behavioral significance, you will start analyzing their connotation in your decision making. Interestingly, when people start focusing on values this way, then it is evident that their ‘values become the origin of their needs’. Don’t we know that it is our needsthat ultimately give rise to motivation? Yes, yes, they do!
So once people are motivated:
- They begin operating organizations or personal lives with clearer values.
- The process breeds authenticity.
- It makes the vision clear.
- They become more centric to their values than beliefs.
- It guides their instinct and gut feeling.
Going back to the roots of nature- Understanding the Potential of VAK Learning style!
So whatever you have read till now was available to you in a written format. What if the information was also presented visually or aurally, perhaps through an Infographic or vlog? Well, all I am trying to focus here is on VAK i.e. Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic learning style that involves the essence of three types of natural learning.
Things you need to know about VAK?
The VAK learning style is said to be the most common way through which people learn naturally i.e. through visual, auditory and kinesthetic learning.
It is for a visually dominant learner– somebody who retains and absorbs information better when it is presented to them through visually-rich content like pictures, diagrams, etc.
A person who dominates auditory learning prefers listening than presentations (though it doesn’t mean that an individual who is visually/auditory sound cannot be the other way around). They respond best to voices.
Learners who prefer physical experiences like ‘hands-on’ approach or feel of touch are kinesthetic in their learning patterns.
As a motivational keynote speaker, I have listed these 4 different angles through which VAK learning works-
- How you naturally absorb information
- How you output that information
- How we listen, hear and see ourselves.
- How we see or hear other people
VAK learning style is not just excellent because it tells us how we learn something naturally, but also because it facilitates the basic of the communication model.
So let’s understand VAK in detail (with respect to each other off course)
|Transfers information that is ‘seen’ or ‘observed’.||It involves information transferred through ‘listening’.||The learning happens through physical experiences (touch, feel, holding, practical experiences, etc.)|
|Strengths of a visual learner:
||Strengths of an auditory learner:
||Strengths of a kinesthetic learner:
|They can improve their learning abilities by:
||They can improve their learning abilities by:
They can improve their learning abilities by:
Different people have different learning styles and sometimes, people prefer learning through multiple learning styles. So if you are a visual learner, then you can also be an audio or kinesthetic learner. However, we all have preferences. We prefer some learning styles over the other, and thus, identification for improvement becomes an important exercise. This is how you can make your learning effective!
Quick Tips to Know and Improve the Learning Preferences:
You can easily identify your learning behavior with the help of these quick tips and scenarios.
- Analyze your behavior when you complain about something. Do you want to see someone, talk to them over the phone or you just prefer beating the pillow? Know your behavior in different moods- angry, love, sad, disgruntle, etc.
- Know your style of presentation. What is your perfect idea to reach out a person? Do you wish to meet them or call them?
- Improve learning with formal training.
- Be consistent with your learning exercises.
- Engage yourself creatively with your style of learning (once you identify it).
A variation (or modification) of basic VAK model is known as VARK i.e. visual, auditory, reading/writing and kinesthetic style of learning.
Natural creativity comes from doing what we do naturally
Tell me what is your natural learning style? Go and use the Simple 3 minute discovery tool and tell me what your natural learning style is? Post your comments below.
Have the best day ever!!!!!!!!
Check out your free E Book
Check out our travels on Instagram
More images on Candidly
Im on Pinterest
One of my passions is Photography… see where I go
See what Im up to on You Tube
Connect with me on Facebook
Check me out on Twitter